In Search of Simpler, More Content Living.
You feel stressed out by the everyday hustle and bustle of this fast-paced life. Slowing down is something more than a want at this point, it’s necessary. When was the last time you stopped to smell the roses? It feels like you’re constantly doing 10 things at once while adding 20 more to your to do list. Take a second and breathe with me. Did you breathe? Let’s do that one more time. Breathe together. Do you feel a little better yet?
Return to Simplicity
Make the return to simplicity and a content life with me. We’re doing this a lot of different ways here, so find the ones that interest you the most. Do you like making your own meals or wish you knew how to cook? How about saving money? Are you one to make your own gifts for others, crafty style? If any of that appeals to you, we have all of that and more here at the Multitasking Missus! Try out this super easy breakfast recipe for a great start to your day! Or check out my favorite life hacks to simplify your life.
Are You A Multitasking Maniac?
Be a part of my community here in this little corner of the internet! Please? We have a book club and a writing club. I’d love for you to stay a while and join in on the conversations we have here. We’re multitasking maniacs and proud of it! 😉
I’m a productivity-crazed, whirling dervish of emotions. That may sound a little extreme, but just ask my friends and family and they’ll verify it for you. 😉 I love doing everything I can and as many of those things at the same time. I’ll embark on 8 recipes at once or knit a cardigan while listening to a book on tape. I LOVE CHECKLISTS! The only thing I love more than getting things done is organizing them! That’s probably why I love working at the library so much.
The reason I’m here though, is that I’m on a mission. I want to own a home. In the current age it’s hard for millennials like me to get “real jobs” or make “livings” or even to “learn how to adult.” That’s what I’m trying to do here. I’m learning to adult as I go along and hopefully simplify my life a little in this chaotic world. Even though I love multitasking and that’s who I am, my goal is to create a calmer, quieter life for myself and hubby out in the countryside. The life that I had as a child and hope to pass on to the next generation in our family.
A Few Quick Things About Me
- In college I lived in Japan for 8 months.
- I didn’t know how to cook anything until I was 20 years old.
- I have anxiety and depression.
- My family is low income.
- I’m a vegetarian.
- My husband is not.
- Hubby and I have been married for over 2 years.
- I’m a millennial.
- I graduated with a B.A. in East Asian Language and Culture Studies (Japanese focus).
- I’m starting to apply for graduate school to earn a Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences.
- I love baking.
- I don’t particularly enjoy cooking.
- I’m a germaphobe/neat freak.
- I’m mildly agoraphobic.
- I speak Spanish.
- The only thing that trumps my obsession with chocolate is my obsession with books.
- I’m a “Buffy” fan for life.
- I’m an ESL (English as a second language) tutor.
- I’ve experienced a lot of loss.
- I also have a lot of joy in my life.
- I’m a dog person.
- I really want us to be friends. 🙂
Email any questions or comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org